Other Recent Articles

Response to Straits Times Forum: "Active Citizenry Needs Space to Find Its Feet"

By my queenstown on Friday, August 26, 2011 with 8 comments

A week ago, Mr. Eric Tan, Director of the National Archives of Singapore, explained that the archives have generously acceded to our requests for photographs to be published in our website, upcoming book and newsletter. This was not the full story.

Last year, we wrote in to the National Archives of Singapore, requesting them to sponsor photographs of the old Queenstown for our civic projects. However, one of the staff from the Archives, had reiterated that "we are currently not devoting any resources to the heritage of Queenstown." (See Attached) To our dismay, we approach the MP, Mr Baey Yam Keng, for help. After which, the National Archives acceded to our request and promise to support our activities.

This saga explains the difficulty of My Queenstown and other civic organisations in pursuing our goals and aspirations and it is impossible for us not to seek the magistrate for assistance.



Nevertheless, it is heartening to see Mr Eric Tan and his team assuring the public that they will collaborate with civic groups such as My Queenstown in the future to preserve our heritage and history.


This blog post is released to explain untruthful allegations pertaining the integrity of our society.


Kwek Li Yong
Editor of My Queenstown


Read Also: 
SPH Article "Active Citizenry Needs Space to Find its Feet." (requires log in)
NAS(NHB) response

Category: News in the Dump , recent

POST COMMENT

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
August 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Stupid Govt. DO NOT VOTE TONY TAN

Anonymous said...
August 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM

The above comment goes to show how stupid some opposition supporters can be. The issue have nothing to do with PAP and in fact was resolved by the then Queenstown MP Mr Baey who himself is from PAP. The matter is caused by some joker who is heading NHB and for all we know might be a supporter or any given political party in SG. How U can link this matter with Dr Tony Tan is truly beyond me

Anonymous said...
August 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Bloody NHB.. they are paid by the taxpayers if they don't know. Eric Tan - What a disgrace

Ricky Lutfi Hamzah said...
July 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

great post. visit me http://rickysnapshot.blogspot.com/ ok?

Macky2024 said...
April 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Everybody knows flying with commercial airlines can be sometimes very frustrating. We can mention here what situation comes up when dealing with commercial airline; you get a delayed flight schedule, losing your luggage, security issues and other problems that you might even think about it.

luxury private jets Toronto

Dr Purva Pius said...
November 2, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Dr Purva Pius said...
November 2, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Unknown said...
March 7, 2017 at 7:56 PM

HOW I GOT A LEGIT LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE with victoriafinancier@outlook.com

IF you are looking for a loan amount of little or huge amount between $10, 000USD to $100,000.00USD @ 2% interest rate, you will have to contact Victoria Financier Trust Company ( victoriafinancier@outlook.com ). She help me with funds urgently when i was desperate in need of money to payoff my debt after my husband medical expense and more funds assistance to pay our mortgage and refinance my business. I read about Victoria Lawson on how she have help lots of person and she attend to me urgently when i contacted and explain my situation to her. She has help lots of persons that i refer to her too. Contact her now with VIA EMAIL: victoriafinancier@outlook.com

*Full Name:_________

*Address:_________

*Tell:_________

*loan amount:_________

*Loan duration:_________

*Country:_________

*Purpose of loan:_________

*Monthly Income:__________

*Occupation__________

*Next of kin:_________

*Email :_________

Post a Comment